Siu Mai topped with Tobiko
Recipe edited from Tasteasianfood
Add into your Dim Sum assortment. Easy to achieve, good for snacks and morning breakfast. Tobiko adds an additional bite with the fun pop in your mouth.
Serves 6 Siu Mai
- 1 packet of Handpicked Dumpling Wrapper
- 40 g of prawn meat, coarsely chopped
- 1 Chinese dried mushrooms, rehydrated and diced
- 100 g of pork belly, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon Shaoxing wine
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cornflour
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon Tobiko
- Marinate the prawn meat with 1 teaspoon of salt for 5 minutes. Wash away the salt under running water until the water runs clear.
- Place the prawn in a colander to drain away as much water as possible.
- Combined all the ingredients and pound it on the plate repeatedly under it forms a firm mass, like a meatloaf or burger patty.
- Place the filling on the Handpicked Dumpling Wrapper. Rotate the siu mai and squeeze it at the waist. Press down the meat with a metal spoon to level it. Flatten the base of the siu mai so that it can sit steadily on the steamer.
- Steam over high heat, lid on for 10 minutes.
- Remove from steamer, topped with Tobiko. Ready to serve.