Steam Assam Fish
Recipe by Karen Nah
A classic Malay and Minangkabau dish, Assam Pedas (literally translated to ‘sour spicy’), is tangy, spicy, appetizing and best served with rice.
- 1 packet of Handpicked Assam Seafood Sauce
- 600-800g fresh produced fish
- 1 medium red onion – cut into wedges
- 2-3 lady’s finger/ okra – cut into pieces
- 1 calamansi lime
- Mix red onions and lady’s finger with Assam Seafood Sauce in a bowl.
- Tap dry the fish with kitchen towels. Lay on steam plate.
- Spread Assam mixture on top of the fish.
- Steam for 7mins.
- Serve immediately with calamansi juice over the fish.