Stir Fry NYONYA Curry Chicken
Recipe by NyonyaSuPei.com
Using Nyonya Curry Powder
Make this healthier, delicious Nyonya-inspired dry curry chicken at home. This one pot paleo chicken curry stir fry recipe is a quick, easy and delicious meal that your whole family will love – and is diet friendly. The leftovers (we doubt so you will have) can make into pies, buns, karipok or even as a topping for pizza.
- 5 drumsticks
- 15 cloves garlic
- 3 big onions
- 3 tbsp Cap Seri Nyonya Curry Powder
- 3 sprig curry leaves
- 50ml cooking oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp sugar
- Chop drumsticks into bite size and set aside.
- Peel and chop garlic finely; peel, clean and slice big onions thinly.
- Heat cooking oil in a wok over medium heat and stir-fry garlic until aromatic; add in sliced onion, curry leaves and continue stir-fry until onion lightly soft.
- Add in curry powder and stir-fry until all well mixed; add in chicken pieces and stir-fry until outer layer is cooked.
- Turn into low heat, add in water a little at a time into the wok, and continue stir-fry until the water dries up. Repeat this process until all water has been used up and the chicken is tender around 8 minutes. Add more water if it is necessary.
- Season with salt and sugar; adjust the gravy to the consistency you desire.
- Dish out and serve immediately.